Jay RudmanChief Executive Officer of TopstepTrader
As the Chief Executive Officer at TopstepTrader, Rudman has been a crucial contributor to TopstepTrader’s growth and success, all-the-while remaining true to the company’s mission and vision. Prior to TopstepTrader, Rudman helped grow OpinionLab, Inc from an idea to an eventual sale to a publicly traded company. He then founded Paperly, where, as the CEO, he grew it to be the leading direct seller of personalized products. Most recently, Rudman helped Champion Healthcare Technologies expand its presence into the nation’s leading hospital systems. Rudman currently sits on various advisory boards as well as guides startups as a CEO mentor at The Junto Institute.
- Take your entrepreneurial venture as far as possible while still working your “day job” until it’s no longer possible to do both; you mitigate your risk and set yourself up for success
- Create a culture with a desire to participate - where your employees love your business just as much as you do
- Have the vision and energy to run your business but remember to balance those with operations and scalability to succeed
- Model the behavior you want your employees to emulate
- Lead depending on the situation - certain times call for democracy while others may need you to be directive, and that's okay
- Rethink mentoring as "co-mentoring" as we learn from one another - it's a mutually beneficial relationship
- Write your thoughts, appreciations and key findings by hand, not electronically - journaling should be part of your schedule
This session was recorded and is available at https://youtu.be/Yzclk1v5T_c.